Western PA Grade School Championships
Welcome to our 2nd annual event for school-based teams (not for AAU or club-type teams). Victory Sports Enterprises has been hosting basketball tournaments for more than a decade and features a staff composed mostly of former/current coaches. We are dedicated to making this one of the best events you'll attend anywhere. Expect our games to run on time, our staff to be professional, and assistance to be available should you have any problems during the event. This event is for girls and boys teams and will feature five age groups:
- 4th Grade (Girls Division and Boys Division)
- 5th Grade (Girls Division and Boys Division)
- 6th Grade (Girls Division and Boys Division)
- 7th Grade (Girls Division and Boys Division)
- 8th Grade (Girls Division and Boys Division)
The cost is only $225 per team, or $200 per team if you register (this includes payment and registration/roster form) before March 1, 2012. There is also a $25 discount available if 3 or more teams from the same school participate. Note that our website cannot recognize discounts, so please call or email to receive this special offer!
The format will be pool play (Saturday) followed by a single elimination tournament (Sunday). Each tournament will have two brackets whenever possible: one for the top teams in each pool, and one for the bottom teams in each pool in order to give everyone a chance to win a championship in the Sunday tournament. Certified referees will be used in all games. Court Time Sports Center will be our tournament host.
- For the most part we will use middle school rules.
- 10 minutes will be provided for both warm-ups and halftime.
- Four 6-minute (stop-clock) quarters per game.
- In the event of overtime, the first overtime is 3 minutes. Any subsequent overtimes are 1-minute.
- 2 full timeouts per half that do not carry over into the second half or overtime. If overtime occurs, 1 total timeout will be granted for overtime. This does NOT mean one per overtime period, rather one total for all overtimes.
- No limitations on defense. Full court, man-to-man, or zone defenses are allowed, though no pressing or trapping is permitted with a 15 point lead.
- Pressing or trapping with a 15 point lead will first result in a warning to the head coach of the offending team. Each additional instance will result in an in-direct technical foul on the head coach.
- 4th graders are allowed to jump over the free throw line on the release of their free throw attempts.
- A girls 28.5 basketball will be used for all games. The tournament will not provide game balls. Please allow the referees to borrow a ball for each game. Be sure to get your ball back after the game!
- Each team will provide one person to work the scorers table for each game. The home team (listed first/top of the schedule/bracket) runs the official book and the visiting team the game clock. Please have someone ready to do this duty while the teams are warming up so as to not delay the start of the game.
- Game time is game time. A forfeit may be called (at the discretion of the Site Director) after a team is more than 5 minutes late.
- We do not have a playing time rule, though we highly recommend that each player receive 50% of the playing time in order to grow and develop as a person and basketball player.
- All other PHSAA rules will be followed including free-throw shooting, fouls per game, etc.
2011 Results (Posted: Monday, 21st Mar 2011 08:40:34 AM)
|6th Grade||Penn Trafford 5th Grade|
| ||Runners Up|
|6th Grade||North Marion|
|7th Grade||Hampton Lady Rockets|
|8th Grade||Lady Huskies|
- Thanks to all the participating teams. See you again in 2012!