SMAC Basketball Club
Welcome to the 2017 Central Ohio and North Central Ohio SMAC Basketball Club season!:
2017 Raffle Tickes Winners:
- Grand prize...Jeff Jones
- 2nd Prize...Angie Lewis
- 3rd Prize...Ryan Sheppard
- 4th Prize...Margaret Weaver
- 5th Prize...Russ Bauer
To participate on a 2017 Score More Athletic Club (SMAC) a parent/guardian must complete the three forms below as well as read over and familiarize themselves with the Ohio concussion information and policy:
- 1. Emergency Medical Form
- 2. Waiver Form
- 3. Physical Form...Note that a copy of a current school physical can be accepted as well. Any physical must be good through the entire length of your SMAC travel season.
- Important! Please carefully read the new concussion policy by clicking here!
SMAC Tryouts (click on the links below):
- Not all age groups/genders do tryouts. Some coaches prefer to watch and hand-pick their players. Please refer to the "2017 Teams" to contact the specific coach that you seek more information from. Limited tryout info will be added soon to a few age groups.
- Ashland tryouts for girls in grades 7-8 complete.
- Ashland tryouts for boys in grades 6-7 complete.
- Ashland tryouts for girls in grades 4-5 complete.
- Ashland tryouts for girls in grade 9 and 10 are complete but a spot or two still remains. Call 614-353-5850 for more information.
- Ashland tryouts for girls in grade 11 complete.
- Columbus-East tryouts for girls in grades 8-9 are complete but limited spots on both teams may still remain. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Columbus-East tryouts for girls in grades 6-11 are complete. Limited spots may still remain, especially for grade 11 girls.
- Columbus-East tryouts for boys are complete.
- Columbus-West tryouts for girls in grades 4-10 are complete but limited spots may still remain. Email email@example.com for more info.
Are There Any OHSAA Rules Regarding Tryouts?:
- Any athlete in grades 7-12 that are still active in their school season is NOT permitted to participate in any form of an AAU tryout until their school season ends. This rule includes players who may be "dressing up" with their varsity teams for their tournament game(s).
Things to know and do for SMAC tryouts:
- Once any portion of your fee is payed, refunds will not be issued for any reason.
- Come to tryouts with a great attitude and willingness to follow instructions, play hard, and have fun!
- Bring a reversible practice jersey if you have one or can borrow one. If not, come anyway!
- Bring yourself fully dressed for basketball. Locker rooms will not be provided for changing.
- There's a $5 tryout registration fee. Exact change is greatly appreciated!
- Please note that if you cannot attend your tryout for any reason (IE-you are not yet done with your current season), please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (614-353-5850) to arrange a new tryout date and time.
How do I know what age group I belong to?
- Great question! To determine your age bracket please use the following link to AAU's age determination chart:
Be sure to check back often for updates!